We are always looking for passionate and talented individuals to help our company grow!
WebDevStudios is a website development company that focuses on WordPress website and plugin development. Over the years we have worked with a variety of clients ranging from individual bloggers to Fortune 500 companies. The WDS team prides itself on the contributions it makes to the WordPress community and we love to create new and innovative features that change the way websites are designed.
We have offices in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, central New Jersey, and Milwaukee, WI but we are generally a remote company.
WordPress Front-End Designer Position
*We are not actively hiring for this position at this time, but we are always interested in hearing from talented WordPress designers for future openings!
WebDevStudios is in the business of building custom web sites, with WordPress, for our awesome clients. We are looking for a remote designer with at least one year WordPress theme design experience. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about graphic design and eager to learn as we train you to become an open source graphic design master.
Our projects will challenge you and if you’re up for it – then we’re up for talking with you!
Here’s the down and dirty …
Your job duties will include:
- Work with clients to create web site design mockups based on their ideas, samples, likes/dislikes, etc
- Convert PSD website mockups to functional themes in WordPress
- Troubleshoot design issues with CSS, website layouts, graphics, etc, including cross-browser compatibility and responsive design
- Various design tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish
- Documented experience in graphic design and front-end web site development.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with WordPress is required. (Example: building a theme from scratch is no sweat, and customizing existing frameworks is right up your alley!)
- Advanced level competency with CSS & HTML (HTML5/CSS3 a big plus, as well as responsive design techniques).
- Experience trouble shooting browser compatibilities.
Nice to haves (not required, but would be considered a big plus):
- Understanding of PHP development practices
- Ability to perform some back-end development tasks (ie: building simple widgets & plugins).
Types of Projects we’re doing lately:
- WordPress web sites, mainly (some with and some without a blog) for small and large business, multisite networks, social communities and lots of social media integration.
- WordPress with E-Commerce (WooCommerce experience is a plus)
- WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress
- Membership sites with WordPress
- (…do you get a feeling that we do a LOT of WordPress sites??? we do!)
- Remote work - Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm EST
- In your pajamas, if you like
- This is part time work (20-25 hours/week), with a high potential of moving to full time for the right candidate.
- Full time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO (paid time off), 401K
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities
We’re looking for someone who
- Thinks design is about solving problems, not making them.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of cool web sites.
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them.
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be.
- Excellent time management and ability to work, remotely, on a deadline and on multiple projects at once.
- Great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic and customer service skills.
**No third parties, outsourcing agencies, and offshore candidates will be considered for this position.**
We give each application consideration – but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting you within the next week, or two.
Please fill out the form below to apply – provide any relevant information such as a resume, portfolio and examples of your work.
Full-Time WordPress Developer Position
*We are not actively hiring at this time, but we are always interested in hearing from talented WordPress developers for future positions!
We are looking for a remote WordPress developer with a minimum of one year advanced WordPress development experience. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the website and plugin development field and is knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. Applicants should be passionate about WordPress and eager to learn and grow with our company.
Please note: This is not a position for someone learning. Experienced programmers only.
Your job duties will include:
- Developing WordPress plugins, custom functionality and themes
- Developing and maintaining complex WordPress-based applications
- Supporting clients in a fast paced environment
- Using bug tracking, project tracking and SVN +/or Git software
- A variety of miscellaneous development tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work remotely with little to no supervision is a must
- Available during the day, Eastern time, Monday through Friday
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and grow as business grows
- Experience using SVN & Git software a plus
Pay rate will be based on experience. We have an excellent benefits package that includes paid time off, health, dental, vision company 401k and life insurance.
Please send us whatever you have to show off your skills! (resumes, portfolio, blogs, etc).
At WebDevStudios we love interns! If you are interested in a internship at WebDevStudios, please fill out the form below.
Internships provide an excellent opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge in a professional work environment. What better way to gain experience than working with a fast paced web development company passionate about building amazing websites?