Assistant Project Manager
We’re searching for an Assistant Project Manager to join our talented Project Management Office.
Employment type: Full-time
Compensation:$48 – $58K, based on experience
Are you passionate about empowering teams to perform their very best? Are you a charismatic, engaging, confident communicator with professional experience that includes coordination, organization, and communication? We are a team of innovative and creative thinkers who build awesome things for amazing clients! If you’re up for the challenge, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at WebDevStudios!
We want to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can learn from each other and encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Studies show that minorities are less likely to apply if they do not meet 100% of the qualifications but we would love to hear from you even if you feel like you don’t meet every single qualification. We are open to training the right person who has the right attitude and fit.
Qualities that matter to our team:
- Someone who has a positive attitude, with a good work ethic, and enjoys helping others.
- Individuals who are not afraid to ask for help, are teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Someone who understands the importance of deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- A person who has the ability to learn and carry-out standard operating processes.
- A team member who is willing to participate in company paid training courses to further their skillset.
- Someone who is comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in phone and video calls with other team members and clients while working remotely.
The Assistant Project Manager role at WebDevStudios is an administrative position focused on assisting the project management team. Working alongside a Project Manager, you will provide assistance on large-scale projects by managing resources and information on projects. This includes generating and analyzing reporting for specific projects. The Assistant Project Manager would track the project throughout its life cycle and make sure that critical information is shared among the various team members and client stakeholders.
In addition, you will be collaborating with the engineering department and business development team to ensure we have complete team and client satisfaction across all of your projects. Bonus, you get to learn something new everyday from a group of amazing people!
- Leverage WDS tools, standards, and processes in all client work.
- Provide support to the Project Manager and leadership to your project team.
- Communicate effectively through written and verbal communication to ensure transparency between internal and client stakeholder.
- Understand and manage the overall scope of the project. This includes identifying change management and mitigating risk.
- Create, maintain and manage the overall milestone goals, keeping projects on track.
- Monitor progress across projects by organizing information across various deliverables and tasks. This includes tracking documentation.
- Understand and monitor the project resources, skills and scheduling.
- Maintain an average minimum of 35 hours/week (85%) of billable work
- Two to three years of experience in a professional field where project management skills, such as coordination, communication, and organization were applicable.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required; WDS prioritizes skills and talent.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology and sprint planning are highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage all aspects on a project and serve as the liaison between the client and the project team.
- Strong attention to detail when managing timelines, milestones and tasks for multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present a professional image to all stakeholders.
- A flexible, hardworking and positive attitude; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent change to projects, including priorities.
- Self motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Not required, but a plus: experience working with various project management tools such as Basecamp, Jira, Github, Harvest, Forecast, Slack and Google Suite.
- Not required, but a plus: knowledge of WordPress and/or the software development life cycle.
Oh, the benefits
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team.
100% Paid Medical
Paid Sick Leave
Unlimited Flex Time
25 days paid time off
Work from anywhere
Annual Company Retreat
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
WebDevStudios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting eligible applicants within the next week or two.
Join our amazing company!
It’s an exciting time for WebDevStudios! As we continue to grow, we strive to remain as adaptable, motivated, and responsive to our new employees as we are to our clients. We pride ourselves on being passionate, creative, innovative, and most of all, a great team to work with! We could not accomplish what we do every day without our employees and the wonderful jobs they do; they are our most valuable resources.