We’re searching for a Data Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Employment type: Full-time
Do you enjoy working with data architecture, migrations, scripting, and servers? Are you enthusiastic to push the web forward, and better yourself? We are also passionate about the web here at WebDevStudios, so let’s chat.
You are primarily responsible for migrating data from one web application to another according to specifications outlined by the client and defined by our Technical Strategist during the Discovery Phase.
Data Engineers work alongside a Project Team and other partners during the entire development life cycle of a project, as well as a supporting the project after it ships.
Technologies you’ll be working with include: Docker and containerization, CI orchestration tools, Linux servers, Relational databases, PHP7, Composer, etc
Qualities that matter to our team:
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week
- Willing to participate in company paid training courses to further their skills
- Excited about contributing back to open-source technologies
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely
- Migrate data from one web application to another (e.g., a Drupal to WordPress migration)
- Maintain our development, CI, and deployment infrastructure
- Optimize client production infrastructure for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability
- Meet documented deadlines and complete tasks in accordance to project milestones
- Work directly with Technical Strategists, Project Managers, and Senior Engineers on data architecture and application infrastructure
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls
- Keep an accurate record of your time with our time tracking software
- Be available during normal business hours
- Able to work remotely, with a strong emphasis on communication and organizational skills
- You have 2+ years professional experience as a Data or Backend Engineer
- Expert level experience with data extraction, transformation and loading from various sources
- Expert level experience with WordPress plugin and theme structure, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data
- Expert level experience configuring and administrating relational databases like MySQL and MSSQL
- Experience analyzing and architecting new and existing data and recommend improvements
- Experience providing best practice guidance for data technologies
- Experience with PHP/Bash/WP-CLI scripting to link, migrate, and process data
- Experience with Jenkins/CircleCI/Buddy and other orchestration tools
- Experience using AWS, Google Cloud, WPEngine, Docker and other services and tools
- Experience with Algolia Search, ElasticSearch, Redis, or Memcache
- Experience with local environment setup for web application development, including Docker
- Experience with Git version control and branching strategies
- Experience creating monitoring strategies for infrastructure
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
It’s not required, but experience or interest in the following would be nice:
- Have worked on high profile WordPress web applications before
- WordPress plugins like:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Beaver Builder
- Gravity Forms
- Yoast SEO
- REST APIs, especially the WordPress REST API
- Postman or other REST API tools
- Dress code: pajamas, if you like.
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K, Hardware stipend, and more!
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities.
- Lots and lots of informal GIF sharing.
Oh, the benefits
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team.
100% Paid Medical
Paid Sick Leave
Unlimited Flex Time
25 days paid time off
Work from anywhere
Annual Company Retreat
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
WebDevStudios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting eligible applicants within the next week or two.
Join our amazing company!
Being part of WebDevStudios means more than just having a job. We strive to foster passion, creativity, innovation, and pride in what we accomplish every day. We look to our employees to show us where they really shine and put each individual’s skills and interests at the forefront of our projects.
We could not accomplish what we do daily without our employees and the wonderful jobs they perform. They are our most valuable resource. We recognize that when you love what you do, your best self-shines through.