We’re seeking a Digital Strategist to join our growing projects team.
Employment type: Full-time
Generous compensation: 70 – 80K
At WebDevStudios, we earn new business mostly by doing great work with clients like Viacom, NBA, and Microsoft, and sharing what we know via articles, open source code, and national conferences. WebDevStudios is not a vendor for our clients; we are a long-term partner who values their trust and relationship.
Qualities that matter to our team:
- Stands out as exceptional communicators—they are creative writers, confident speakers, and keen listeners.
- Naturally builds authentic relationships and partnerships with our clients built on mutual respect and a shared commitment to joint success.
- Reviews incoming project requests, does initial research, and talks to prospective and current clients regularly. Optimism, curiosity, energy, and quick response time are essential every day.
- Loves research, being well-prepared, and equipping your team with a realistic roadmap that will help them be equally impressive during project development.
- Enjoys the negotiation process that comes with winning new business and growing existing accounts—striking the right balance of scope, schedule, and price to close a deal.
- Treats all client relationships with a long-term perspective. Many of our larger projects began as small, short-term engagements.
- Gets things done. No matter what you’re doing, you take pride in your work and in your ability to hit deadlines. You enjoy responsibility and working hard.
- Is willing to participate in company paid training courses to further their skills.
- Is comfortable with remote work, communicating via Slack and participating in phone and video calls with their team members and clients while working remotely.
Our Digital Strategists are responsible for doing the initial vetting, research, critical thinking, strategic planning, and relationship-building to ensure every client engagement adds to that growing body of great work. Each opportunity is a new problem to solve, a new strategy to develop—and requires a highly consultative, but efficient approach.
As a Digital Strategist, you will work with some of the most talented designers and developers in the industry and on behalf of a wide range of exciting clients. You’ll both ask and answer the hard questions, define creative solutions, and be a key part of the team that delivers results.
- Reads RFPs, conducts strategic calls, and writes engaging, custom project plans based on these discussions. You need to be a solid writer with a knack for being both well-structured and concise, as well as persuasive and clever.
- Assist the Sales Department in project estimates and assist with the writing of proposals.
- Promptly and regularly follow up with clients via phone, email, or appointment when required.
- Interface regularly with leadership team to communicate timelines, client challenges and project risks.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to solve for complex features and developing plans to craft solid solutions for our clients.
- Craft and deliver presentations, project plans and other project deliverables where appropriate.
- Directs and participates in project discovery phase for client projects.
- Collaborate with client teams on needs analysis, requirements gathering and discovery for projects.
- Work directly with PMO to handoff and oversee confirmed projects and upselling opportunities.
- Maintaining strong, long-term relationships with customers once the project is underway
- Attendance and speaking at events, blogging, local networking, etc.
- Think like a consultant, not a sales person. You are logical, intelligent, and enjoy solving problems. You’re naturally persuasive, but not sales-y or in the least bit unethical.
- Be naturally curious. You have a technical mindset and you’re eager to learn about emerging technologies, our previous and existing projects, and new industries every day.
- Love technology and have great respect for people who make it. You might even be a bit nerdy yourself, and would love to collaborate with our technical team.
- Have a business mindset—you think in terms of costs, efficiency, and profit, and can put it all together for a solid long-term strategy that makes sense for our clients and our business.
- Be extremely well-organized. You can handle several deals at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- Deeply value coworkers’ expertise and talents, realizing that those talents are our greatest asset.
- Have 3-6 years of relevant experience in a consulting, tech startup, or digital agency role.
- A very good grasp and understanding of WordPress and its capabilities as a digital solutions for clients of all kinds.
- Excellent listening and consultative skills.
- Knowledge of B2B sales, marketing and lead generation strategy and tactics preferred.
- Experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call preparation, relationship development, and time management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and handle high-touch prospects.
- Must possess ability to work within deadlines.
- Overall proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with the WordPress content management platform.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Oh, the benefits
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our dedication to our team.
100% Paid Medical
Paid Sick Leave
Unlimited Flex Time
25 days paid time off
Work from anywhere
Annual company retreat
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
WebDevStudios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting eligible applicants within the next week or two.
Join our amazing company!
It’s an exciting time for WebDevStudios! As we continue to grow, we strive to remain as adaptable, motivated, and responsive to our new employees as we are to our clients. We pride ourselves on being passionate, creative, innovative, and most of all, a great team to work with! We could not accomplish what we do every day without our employees and the wonderful jobs they do; they are our most valuable resources.