Maintainn, the support and maintenance division of WebDevStudios, is seeking a candidate to fill a Support Technician position. The ideal candidate is someone who has at least two years of WordPress maintenance support, development and customer service experience. The candidate must also be versatile, calm under pressure, genial and passionate about troubleshooting issues with clients’ websites and coming up with creative and robust solutions.
Your job duties will include:
- Supporting clients, from bloggers to SMBs to large corporations, in a fast-paced environment.
- Using project tracking, issue/bug tracking software and multiple development platforms.
- Setting up support accounts/components for new clients and removal for parting clients.
- Regular maintenance of client website updates from third-party plugins/themes and WordPress core.
- Working with clients to review/clarify requirements for custom development requests.
- Responding to clients who report issues with their website and debugging/ resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Helping clients manage/update content or help determine where changes need to be made.
- Providing knowledgeable recommendations for solutions to handle client feature requests.
- A variety of miscellaneous development tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish.
- Available Monday through Friday.
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress.
- Two years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner with an emphasis on first-time quality.
- Experience in debugging, problem-solving and fixing websites.
- Experience with plugin support and customer support forums.
- Experience using SVN & Git software.
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player and evolve as the business grows.
Nice-to-haves (not required, but would be considered a plus):
- WooCommerce experience.
- Web and information security experience.
- Back-end and Front-end development skills.
- Familiarity with platforms like Help Scout, Basecamp, Harvest, etc.
- This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities.
- Remote work: Available Monday through Friday, each week.
- Office dress code: Pajamas, if you like.
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K.
- Lots and lots of informal GIF sharing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is excellent at time management and has the ability to work remotely, on a deadline, and on multiple projects at once.
- Is self-motivated to get the job done.
- Likes to interact with and help people.
- Is patient enough to deal with frustrated folks that have a wide range of technical experience (or lack thereof).
- Has great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic, and customer service skills.
- Treats support work like a friendly puzzle to be solved.
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of cool websites.
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them.
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be.
Oh, the benefits
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team.
100% Paid Medical
Paid Sick Leave
Unlimited Flex Time
Paid Time Off
Work from anywhere
Annual Company Retreat
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
WebDevStudios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting eligible applicants within the next week or two.