Technical Project Manager
We’re searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our talented, fast-paced Maintenance and Support division.
Employment type: Full-time
Compensation: Based on experience
Are you passionate about empowering teams to perform their very best? Are you a charismatic, engaging, confident communicator with experience in project management? We are a team of innovative and creative thinkers who build and support awesome things for amazing clients! If you’re up for the challenge, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at WebDevStudios!
Qualities that matter to our team:
- Someone who has a positive attitude, with a good work ethic, and enjoys helping others.
- Individuals who are not afraid to ask for help, are teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Someone who understands the importance of deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- A person who has the ability to learn and carry-out standard operating processes.
- A team member who is willing to participate in company paid training courses to further their skillset.
- Someone who is comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in phone and video calls with other team members and clients while working remotely.
Each day as a technical project manager is full of variety! You will be interacting with a number of clients and team members on a variety of tasks. From design updates to technical issues, you will have the opportunity to partner with your clients to solve their challenges and lead them to success.
You will be on the front-lines for your project team overseeing all the things that go into maintaining and supporting a website. For each project, the technical project manager will work on gathering project requirements, scheduling tasks and managing resources with an aim at ensuring project accuracy and first time quality from conception to completion. Bonus, you get to learn something new every day from a group of amazing people!
- Direct oversight and management of assigned projects.
- Assist, wherever necessary, in order to help teams hit project deadlines and budgetary goals.
- Responsible for planning, managing, overseeing, and documenting all aspects of assigned projects.
- Provide regular status updates for assigned projects.
- Oversight of project tasks, milestones to ensure our deliverables match the project plan.
- Work closely with an Account Manager to make sure the scope and direction of assigned projects are on schedule.
- Provide regular (at least weekly) hours and budget reports for assigned projects.
- Manage backlog of new requests for clients, as necessary.
- Create and follow through on change requests, as necessary.
- Work closely with the Director of Client Services to define, document and optimize standards and processes.
- Interact daily with multiple clients to establish and retain relationships, leaving customers satisfied with their experience.
- 2+ years experience in a Project Management role (or similar).
- Experience in customer service within a maintenance and/or support environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage all aspects on a project and serve as the liaison between the client and the project team.
- Strong attention to detail when managing timelines, milestones and tasks for multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present a professional image to all stakeholders.
- Ability to work remotely.
- A flexible, hardworking and positive attitude – comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent change to projects, including priorities.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with various project management tools such as Basecamp, Jira, Github, Harvest, Forecast, Slack and Google Suite is a plus.
- Knowledge of WordPress and the software development life cycle (and maintenance) is a plus.
Oh, the benefits
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team.
100% Paid Medical
Paid Sick Leave
Unlimited Flex Time
25 days paid time off
Work from anywhere
Annual Company Retreat
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
WebDevStudios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting eligible applicants within the next week or two.
Join our amazing company!
It’s an exciting time for WebDevStudios! As we continue to grow, we strive to remain as adaptable, motivated, and responsive to our new employees as we are to our clients. We pride ourselves on being passionate, creative, innovative, and most of all, a great team to work with! We could not accomplish what we do every day without our employees and the wonderful jobs they do; they are our most valuable resources.