We’re searching for a UI Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Employment type: Full-time
Qualities that matter to our team:
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week
- Willing to participate in company paid training courses to further their skills
- Excited about contributing back to open-source technologies
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely
UI Engineers work alongside a Project Team and other partners during the entire development life cycle of a project, as well as a supporting the project after it ships.
- Optimize web applications and assets for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability
- Meet documented deadlines and complete tasks in accordance to project milestones
- Work directly with Technical Strategists, Project Managers, and Senior Engineers on data architecture and application infrastructure
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls
- Keep an accurate record of your time with our time tracking software
- Be available during normal business hours
- Able to work remotely, with a strong emphasis on communication and organizational skills
- You have 2+ years professional experience as a UI or Frontend Engineer
- Experience with React and GatsbyJS
- Experience with local environment setup for app development, including Docker
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with async operations at scale and modern practices to handle them
- Experience with state management
- You have a strong grasp of the WordPress theme structure, template hierarchy, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data
- You are knowledgeable of Git (GitHub) version control and branching strategies
- You have a strong comprehension of accessibility standards.
- Experience using the terminal/command line
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp and/or Webpack
- Comfortable using Sketch/Photoshop/InVision
It’s not required, but experience or interest in the following would be nice:
- Have worked on high profile WordPress web applications before
- WordPress plugins like:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- WP GraphQL
- Beaver Builder
- Gravity Forms
- Yoast SEO
- REST APIs, especially the WordPress REST API
- Postman or other REST API tools
- Dress code: pajamas, if you like.
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Full-time employees enjoy benefits such as Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K, Hardware stipend, and more!
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities.
- Lots and lots of informal GIF sharing.
Oh, the benefits
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team.
100% Paid Medical
Paid Sick Leave
Unlimited Flex Time
25 days paid time off
Work from anywhere
Annual Company Retreat
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
WebDevStudios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We give each application consideration, but please do be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be contacting eligible applicants within the next week or two.
Join our amazing company!
Being part of WebDevStudios means more than just having a job. We strive to foster passion, creativity, innovation, and pride in what we accomplish every day. We look to our employees to show us where they really shine and put each individual’s skills and interests at the forefront of our projects.
We could not accomplish what we do daily without our employees and the wonderful jobs they perform. They are our most valuable resource. We recognize that when you love what you do, your best self-shines through.