Every month, WebDevStudios (WDS) participates in Five for the Future by contributing our team’s skills to enhance and strengthen WordPress. WDS team members are given carte blanche to work on whatever project they like, as a team or individually, so long as it aids in growing the WordPress pie and benefits the overall community.
We believe in giving back. Each month, we participate in Five for the Future by donating an entire workday to the WordPress project and encouraging our employees to do something that makes WordPress a better product. Here are just some of the tasks we accomplished during our last Five for the Future day, which took place on December 2nd.
- Updated the plugin Hashtag URL Placeholder
- Worked on WP Style Tiles
- Beta-tested, forked, and contributed minor updates to Zsh plugin
- Performed BuddyPress unit tests for pending changes in version 2.8
- Updated an old WordPress theme
- Worked on an awesome project all about modals and making them awesome
- Closed several resolved issues in Github to keep the repo clean
- Ran WP Contributions plugin through PHPCS and cleaned up code
- Added more code to the library
- Created custom plugins for repo
- Worked out some bugs in the Brand Colors plugin
While contributing to Five for the Future is a lot of work, it’s also very satisfying. Our team appreciates being involved with the effort, and you can see their enthusiasm on Twitter. Just follow the hashtag #5ftf.
Stay tuned to see how WDS contributes to Five for the Future next month, and heck, next year. Giving is an ongoing process, and WordPress is an ever-growing project. We’re happy to be a part of both.
2 thoughts on “Five for the Future: December Contributions”
You’re an inspiration with your work
Thank you, Arnette. We appreciate that comment.