During his State of the Word presentation at this year’s WordCamp US, Matt Mullenweg announced a directory of individuals and organizations pledging a dedication to Five for the Future (#5ftf). Since 2014, WebDevStudios (WDS) has been dedicating 5% of our company time to the project, designed to give back to the WordPress core and community. We’re happy to have our pledge listed in this directory, which showcases companies who are consistently contributing to #5ftf.
Join Us for #5ftf on November 29th, Enter a Drawing to Win an Exclusive WDS hat!
WDS’ dedication to Five for the Future happens every month when we dedicate a full workday to it. The next WDS-sponsored Five for the Future day is November 29, 2019. As always, YOU are invited to join us. But what’s different about the invitation this time is that if you do join us and tweet your contributions, you will be entered into a drawing to win an exclusive WebDevStudios hat.
Here’s how our giveaway works:
- Participate in Five for the Future sometime between 9:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST on November 29, 2019 by contributing to the WordPress core and/or the WordPress community.
- Tweet your contribution. Use the hashtag #5ftf and tag @webdevstudios.
- Only one tweet is necessary to enter. One entry per person will be accepted. Multiple tweets and/or Twitter accounts for a single individual will not increase that person’s entries or chances for winning.
- Each tweet/entry will be entered into a drawing where one winner will be randomly selected on Monday, December 2, 2019.
- Winner will be notified via Twitter on Tuesday, December 3, 2019. Winner must confirm acceptance of prize by 9 a.m. EST, December 5, 2019 or another winner will be randomly selected.
- WebDevStudios will cover shipping costs to send the prize to the winner.
- Giveaway is open to the public. Current WDS employees and their relatives are not permitted to enter to win.
Here’s What Happened Last Time
Our last #5ftf day was held November 1, 2019. Here’s a sample of what we accomplished:
Another #5FTF @webdevstudios / @maintainn ! Today I’m going to be making some changes to a PR for OOPS-WP and working on my World Builder plugin for writers, authors, gamers, etc. #wordpress
— Chrispian H. Burks (@chrispian) November 1, 2019
No joke, #5FTF at @webdevstudios is probably my favorite part of working here. Today I’m refactoring my Twitter integration plugin to make it more organized and work better in both single- and multi-site installs.
(Yes, this is part of the Smolblog master plan.)
— Evan Hildreth (@oddevan) November 1, 2019
While many @webdevstudios peeps are kickin’ it at #WCUS, I’ll be using my #5ftf time by doing some WP-Strava code cleanup. Also adding a couple user feature requests to help errbody out!
— Justin Fœll (@justinfoell) November 1, 2019
Special thanks to @webdevstudios for allowing me to add Catechism of The Week to MyEpiscopal WordPress on this #5FTF pic.twitter.com/xLdO2AnI6M
— Scott Anderson (@thriftydev) November 1, 2019
Thanks to @webdevstudios I’ve got a whole day to work on open source projects. Right now I’m spending some time with Object Oriented Programming Structures for WordPress https://t.co/JRzVm5gouQ #5ftf
— Sal Ferrarello (@salcode) November 1, 2019
Love #5ftf day @webdevstudios! Today I’m slicing a PSD into a portfolio based @gatsbyjs starter while watching #WCUS2019 streams. 😍https://t.co/l3dpZKjBaQ
— Greg Rickaby 👨🏼💻 (@GregRickaby) November 1, 2019
Today was #5ftf @webdevstudios and It was all WordPress Headless with our own Gatsby Starter, working on add some nice features!
— el.puas() (@3LPU4S) November 2, 2019
@webdevstudios participates in #5ftf every month! Such a fun day for the entire team.
— Brad Williams (@williamsba) November 2, 2019
As always, thank you for your continued support for our efforts to commit to Five for the Future. You can follow our contributions on Twitter by keeping up with the hashtag #5ftf. We also encourage you to make your own pledge public by adding your name, or your company’s name, to the Five for the Future pledge directory.