Lisa Sabin-Wilson; a co-owner here at WebDevStudios has written yet another helpful WordPress book. WordPress Web Design for Dummies (2nd edition) is Lisa’s 11th dummies book based around WordPress!
Updated, full-color guide to creating dynamic websites with WordPress 3.6
In this updated new edition, bestselling For Dummies author and WordPress expert Lisa Sabin-Wilson makes it easy for anyone with a basic knowledge of the WordPress software to create a custom site using complementary technologies such as CSS, HTML, PHP, and MySQL. You’ll not only get up to speed on essential tools and technologies and further advance your own design skills, this book also gives you pages of great case studies, so you can see just how other companies and individuals are creating compelling, customized, and cost-effective websites with WordPress.
- Shows you how to incorporate WordPress templates, graphic design principles, HTML, CSS, and PHP to build one-of-a-kind websites
- Explains how to create an effective navigation system, choose the right color palette and fonts, and select different layouts
- Reveals how you can tweak existing website designs with available themes, both free and premium
- Provides numerous case studies to illustrate techniques and processes, and the effects you can achieve
- Discusses how you can translate your design skills into paid work
Want to create cost-effective and fantastic websites with WordPress? This do-it-yourself book will get you there.
We are giving away a copy of this awesome book!
How to enter:
- All you have to do is comment on this post about how one of Lisa’s books has helped you, or why you would like this book to help in your WordPress web design.
- The giveaway with be running from 11 AM EDT today (Tuesday September 24th) until Thursday, September 26th at 3 PM EDT.
- We will announce a winner at 4pm EDT on Thursday the 26th.
- You will receive one copy of WordPress Web Design for Dummies (2nd edition) autographed by Lisa Sabin-Wilson.
- US submissions only.
- Employees and family members of WDS are encouraged to submit an entry, but are not eligible to win.
We look forward to reading about how Lisa’s books have helped you or why this book would improve your WordPress web design!
Also, make sure to check out the entire list of books that WebDevStudios has under our belt (with more to come in the not so distant future!) http://webdevstudios.com/wordpress/books/
15 thoughts on “WordPress Web Design for Dummies (2nd edition) Giveaway!”
i love wordpress books
This would be my first WordPress related book that I would read. Looking forward to being entered for sure!
I have two of her books and they helped me learn WordPress (and BuddyPress)! Love her books!
I’m just starting up my freelance work for WordPress and trying to build up my skillset. This would be an invaluable resource to get me started.
Maybe it can actually help me understand why my themes don’t ever work as expected.
Lisa’s books have helped me learn WordPress over the years, as I’ve moved from user to designer to dabbling in design. I also recommend them to my clients. I’ve reviewed Lisa’s books on Goodreads and on my site. Lisa and I both spoke at WordCamp Grand Rapids in 2012 and 2013, and it was great to be able to thank her in person.
When I am speaking to clients and friends new to WordPress I recommend Lisa Sabin Wilson’s WordPress for Dummies book as a great reference tool.
Last year I won her book at a WordPress Philly meetup and then gave it as a door prize for an event for new WordPress users.
If I won this book, I would pass it along to help someone feel more comfortable with using WordPress to manage their website.
I am on the committee for the Philly Women in Tech event (Spring 2014) and think it could be a nice bonus to encourage more website designers to use WordPress when producing a new client website.
(I am located in the US)
Lisa’s books got me started learning WordPress! I want to take my skills beyond the basics, and this is the how-to book to do just that!
I would love to have a copy of this book, and be honored to have it with an autograph of Lisa, I been follow her since last year, when I start to learn WP, the best book I buy was her book, For some reason “dissapear” from my office, I remember this happend a few days later when I recommend the book to a friend. 🙂
I’ve been using WordPress for years, but my skills need updating. I know Lisa’s book could really help me master it. =)
Well, I’m not an US Citizen and therefor not qualified to enter the giveaway…. but I would love to have the book and help translate it to German!
Like to write and would love to win!
I once was a ‘dummie’, not anymore thanks to Lisa.
WordPress has the best books!
I read this book, extremely best book for me.