WordPress Multisite gives you the ability of running multiple websites with a single install of WordPress. WordPress Multisite is ideal for creating a network of sites with easy administration of each individual site.
WordPress Multisite Features
- Unlimited Network of Sites Create and manage unlimited sites in a Multisite network.
- Share Plugins and Themes Upgrade a plugin once and all sites are updated.
- Domain Mapping Map top-level domains (example.com) to any site in your network.
- Single Point of Admin Administer thousands of sites with a single WordPress install.
- Separate User Bases Each site in the network can have a different user base.
- Network admin Defined admin screen for network administrators.
Manage any number of sites (even millions!) using WordPress Multisite. Easily aggregate content across your network of sites. Promote network site posts on the home page. Share themes, templates, and even plugins across all of your websites. Each site in your network can have different features, content, users, functionality, and even a unique domain name.
Upgrade Once, Upgrade Everything
One of the many reasons to use WordPress Multisite is the upgrade process. Simply upgrade WordPress once, or any plugin or theme, and all sites in your network are upgrade! Would you rather upgrade one thousand individual WordPress websites, or upgrade a single WordPress Multisite network with one thousand sites? It’s an easy choice!
Share Users, Or Not
WordPress Multisite allows all sites in your network to have an individual user base. That means “Site A” could have one set of users, and “Site B” could have a completely different set. Want all sites to share the same user base? No problem! With a little tweaking we can setup your WordPress network to share users. Users could login and interact with any site in your network.
Share and Aggregate Content
By default all WordPress Multisite content (posts, pages, custom post types, etc) isn’t shared, each site displays it’s own unique content. With some custom configuration your network can aggregate content in all sorts of ways. Promote the newest posts in the network to your home page. Show the most popular posts across all sites. Display network posts in a sidebar widget. The possibilities are endless!
WordPress Multisite Work Portfolio
- WDS is well known in the WordPress community. WDS helped organize WordCamp Philly in 2010 and 2011.
- WDS also runs the Philadelphia and New Jersey WordPress Meetup helping bring together two great communities of WordPress enthusiasts.
- WDS has also released many WordPress Plugins that are available for download.
- Brad Williams, the co-founder of WDS, has also written two WP books: Professional WordPress and Professional WordPress Plugin Development. In short..WDS Does WordPress